Wednesday, June 16, 2010

At last...

Finally, after months of looking enviously at friends blogs and websites I have got around to setting up my own.  And, to kick things off I thought I would go right back to the beginning - to my first ever camera.  It was a Kodak Pocket A-1, my Brownie.  



















I think I may still have it stored away somewhere; I must try and dig it out sometime.  I don't actually remember what I took photos of - but this is where the intrigue started.  At 14 I bought my first SLR, a Ricoh KR-10 Super (below), which I absolutely loved!   Over time, other interests started to take precedence, but about eight years ago I revitalised my photographic interest and got the camera out again....  





















Several short courses later my Ricoh finally gave up on me.  A very sad moment, but it served me well. I am now trying to embrace digital technologies - although I still love film and the whole darkroom experience, and experimenting with different cameras and techniques - including my pinhole that I made from an old coffee tin!

No comments: